- A template which allows the business to save time versus developing a plan themselves from scratch, and save money by not hiring outside resources to write a plan for them.
- A standard format which is comprehensive but can be adapted to different organizations and businesses.
- Clearly explained easy to follow BIA (Business Impact Analysis), coordinated with RA (Risk Analysis) which enables the business to quickly and easily prioritize critical operations based on risk to the business.
- Templates for testing the BCP.
- Reporting templates for presenting BCP information to stakeholders and management.
Small businesses have different needs, and different resources, than large corporations when it comes to Business Continuity Planning. While large corporations may decide to hire BCP consultants to craft a customized detailed business continuity plan for their operations, which can be complex and geographically distributed, small businesses may need a less complex business continuity plan template which is straight forward and easy to implement by internal resources. Specifically, small businesses are seeking a BCP template which has the following:
Erik Kopp has worked in regulated industries for over 25 years managing business critical operations, and ensuring compliance with governmental regulations. He has published a series of books and articles which provide information on how to accomplish value added tasks most effectively so that you can get the job done and make the most out of your valuable time.
To provide real value-added and very efficient solutions to important issues which minimize the pain and effort, and get right to the point to keep your business doing what it does best. No fluff or fancy stuff or double talk. Just common sense based on knowledge and experience of what works.